Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Still Putting things off..And Not Putting it on.

Those who read regularily know I have two personal projects this month:

1. Start work on my One-Act about my Mother
2. Get an Agent

Progress on the two: Zero.

I just don't know how to start things any more. It certainly makes me ask myself some questions;
Am I afraid?
Am I the most lazy lump of organs and blood this side of the galaxy?
Am I addicted to the status quo?
Was Status Quo the worst rock band of all time?... Oh yeah, am I easily distracted?

And the biggest question of all: What the hell am I waiting for?

Oh yeah, let me know in the comments what's your favorite track from:
Today's CD: "Festival" CD 1
Tracks: 1. GREEN DAY: Boulevard of Broken Dreams 2. SNOW PATROL: Run 3. KEANE: This is The Last Time 4. COLDPLAY: Clocks 5. KASABIAN: Cutt Off 6. OASIS: Lyla 7. FEEDER: Feeling the Moment 8. THE LIBERTINES: Can't Stand Me Now 9. THE SUBWAYS: Oh Yeah 10. BLOC PARTY: Banquet 11. THE FUTUREHEADS: Hounds of Love 12. THE ORDINARY BOYS: Boys will Be Boys 13. HARD-FI: Tied Up Too Tight 14. LINKIN PARK: Breaking the Habit 15. JET: Are You Gonna Be My Girl 16. SIMPLE PLAN: Shut Up! 17. ASH: Starcrossed 18. NEW ORDER: Jetstream 19. R.E.M.: All the Way to Reno 20. JAMES BLUNT: Wisemen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a cd your making, right?
Well I wont have to listen to it so I will vote SIMPLE PLAN: Shut Up!.
HA!
Jonathan

Anonymous said...

I can tell you what the worst song on that list is (and possibly the worst song of all time...): Simple Plan - Shut up.
Why are they still under a record label?
Why do young teenage girls still have so much impact on what's popular?

I'm sorry. Getting off track. But i think i indirectly answered your question about Status Quo.

I know this is probably easier than it sounds, but you'll keep putting it off unless you just get up and do it. Scheduling it out could help... like saying "Well, this week i've definitely got to call these people, and send this in the mail, blah blah blah, etc etc. Force yourself. You'll seriously be happy about it.

But i can't really take credit for that schpiel... i read it off a fortune cookie....

Good luck man.
-Jesse

Quahtreenuh said...

Jet.

Anonymous said...

James Blunt - Wisemen
Just because I'm recently addicted to his CD. Which is not necessarily a good thing.
And I think you may have a case of procrastination. I know it oh so well.
Speaking of which...I have an essay to go write.
=) Erin

Anonymous said...

Snow Patrol - Run or
Keane - This is the last time

Both a couple of my favorites.


Get to work already