Saturday, March 18, 2006

The Spiffy Diffy, Yo

So, I received a comment from Scott, wondering just how different the Prospect Jam is from a workshop.

Here we go.

First off, the paid workshops are a 6 week course, the Prospect Jam is more like "Survival". That is, the longer you stay, the more you'll learn, and the more you'll realize self-motivation is the key. Paid workshop instructors have a semi-flexible curriculum. Myself and Chad have an uber-flexible "how-do-we-feel-today" sorta plan, which changes depending on which space the cow takes a dump on... no wait, that's hillbilly bingo... but I think you understand.

Second, you have to be INVITED to join the Prospect Jam... that's really how it should go, and what we set out to do in the first place. All current members were definitely told they could come here. You're all good. I just never want the floodgates to open. Anyone can take a paid workshop.

Third, we assume you are seriously interested in being in the show if you attend the Prospect Jam. That's what it's for. We at least assume you're very passionate about improv.

Or think someone in the cast is hot, and you want to meet them... It's happened.

Those are the key differences. Kevvy? Bill? Crad? Chad? Strong Bad? Any Current Cast Member? If any of you want to add anything about the diff, do it...

Just add your difference in the comments.

Oh yeah, and pick a track from this CD. Don't care if you don't know it, just pick.

Today's CD: Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings "Naturally"
Tracks: "How Do I Let A Good Man Down?", "Natural Born Lover", "Stranded In Your Love", "My Man Is A Mean Man", "You're Gonna Get It", "How Long Do I Have To Wait For You?", "This Land is Your Land", "Your Thing Is A Drag", "Fish In The Dish", "All Over Again".

6 comments:

Quahtreenuh said...

How Long Do I Have To Wait For You?

"Or think someone in the cast is hot, and you want to meet them..." Hahaha......ha...ha.....

Shawn Pallier said...

I meant man or woman, of course. Hell, Amy, Shawna, Lisa et al. These are fine women in our cast. Many men want to meet and greet...

Shawn Pallier said...

Belinda, Linette...

Shawn Pallier said...

The list goes on.

Quahtreenuh said...

....not quite what I meant but I like that you took it that way ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha...I vote for "This Land Is Your Land" because it reminds me of a campsong I used to sing.
=)