Monday, May 22, 2006

Your Own Worst Enemy

Rapid Fire Theatre puts on great improv shows.

And sometimes, we beat ourselves up about it.

Glad to report, not so much this week, but sometimes, we give ourselves a hell of a tough time. As an audience member recently pointed out;

"Don't worry so much. You're awesome."

She meant us as a whole, the collective "you're", if you will.

If the improvisers change the way we look at the shows we do, we can have fun and not suck all at the same time.

Of course, if we deserve a tongue-lashing, we almost always know that... But less self tongue-lashing is probably a good idea.

Besides, there are better ways to stay clean.

Song of the Day: Rockin' Robin by Bobby Day. It's my second-favorite Karaoke song of all time.

Link of the Day: http://www.artifactstrading.com
I designed the site, and I don't know what else to do with it. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know... I do plan on adding about 14,990 more items, though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its funny, people throw around things like "people are there own worst critics"

The funny part is, ITS TRUE!! Ive seen shows that are just AMAZING but the players are somehow convinced that it sucked.

Same thing goes for me, i feel like ive never actually done a scene that was believable. But people have told me otherwise

I would think that a mixture of the two might be wise, so that you never get full of yourself but at the same time you never get to down on yourself.

I have taken up way to much of everybodies valuable time!!