Friday, May 19, 2006

How to Open a Can of Worms in One Easy Step!

Check this out.

After recently seeing "American Dreamz" (boy oh boy, are the reviews gonna be mixed on this one), I noticed a line Hugh Grant said, and had a good laugh. It went something like this:

"Alright. I have all the freak-show singers I need, but where is the one I can masterbate to?"

I thought to myself, now there's a line that would not win you points with a person that you were trying to put the moves on... Realizing (of course) that his character (Simon Cowell) would never say that to someone's face (or would he?).

I just imagined the scenario though, as something really casual.

Say you're sitting with a friend of yours, enjoying a tea at the local "teaporium". You look across the table at them, and say;

"So, I know we're just friends and all, but, do you ever think of me when you masterbate?"

And the person across the table says,

"Dude, you just totally crossed the line and are dancing towards a new, previously undiscovered line... What's your problem?"

And you're all like,

"It's just a question... Conservative right-wing jerk."

And then you continue to drink tea, and ruin a friendship.

Sounds like fun to me.

Link of the Day: http://ilovecakelikeabrother.blogspot.com
Jeremey the workshopper's blog.

Song of the Day: "Hallelujah" by Imogen Heap. Proof yet again that everyone loves Leonard Cohen. Even Bono, Jeff Buckley, John Cale, Allison Crowe, k.d. lang, Bob Dylan, Rufus Wainwright, Elisa, Gavin DeGraw, Arooj Aftab and the Jazz Mandolin Project. Everyone.

1 comment:

Quahtreenuh said...

Hey Shawn you should make my nickname in your link tomy blog "the" because it would be punny. Heeheee. Or like, "The Clever" or something.

Also, I have also wondered about the whole "do you ever think of me..." line, but somehow, opportunities to inquire never seem to arise. Maybe this post will change things ;)
errrr....