Thursday, May 25, 2006

Spoon in Your Head

My sister's boyfriend pointed it out to me while I was watching hockey the other night;

"No family watches commericals more closely than the Pallier Family."

Which is true, to a point.

I know there is a car commercial out there where when the car in question drives by, everything around it is "turned on". Little robots in store windows dance, balloons inflate and take a girl high in the sky and... a woman's vibrator "turns on" in her purse?!

Yeah, next time you watch that commercial, watch for it.

The problem is, I'm so distracted by that moment, I don't know what the commercial is for.

Same thing happened with the new commercial for Satellite Radio (but which one? Sirius? XM Radio? See my problem?). I'm so distracted by the fact that the commercial seems to compare one of my favorite bands, Spoon, with Bob Dylan and Ludacris(??).

Basically, they're saying you'll "discover" your favorite band on their radio stations just like music executives "discovered" Bob Dylan at a Laundromat, Ludacris in the woods(??), and another artist at a bus stop... can't remember who.

But I'm so distracted by Spoon's awesomeness, I don't care what the product is.

Now that's backfiring advertising.

Link of the Day: http://www.spoontheband.com/site.html
Spoon rocks.

Song of the Day: "Sister Jack" by Spoon. 'Tis the song in the commercial.

No comments: