Friday, May 05, 2006

I am the Dungeonmaster... No, seriously.

Got some free time? Play this:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/dman3.html

I passed with a perfect score. And it's totally fun.

Need help? Let me know....

Oh, and I have to say, my exploration of Punk Culture has lead me to one point so far:

Strangely, the anti-establishment/ anti-capitalist message has become blatantly blurred. To join the non-conformist, you have to conform... to the non-conformist ways.

Whoa.

And for those who didn't go to the P-Jam, I think I'm going to rock out a new game in the coming weeks. We Called it: URBAN LEGENDS!! I think it was one of the most hilarious games I've ever seen.

Essentially, you ask the audience for an urban legend (a possibly true event that probably wasn't true, but is somewhat plausible, and that didn't happen to you; you heard if from a friend or the internet etc). Then, we perform it.

Sounds simple, and it is. We did "The Exploding Cactus", in which the legend is, a couple brought a cactus back from Arizona with them, and it was filled with spider-eggs, which then "exploded" all over the living room. Spiders everywhere.

The key to what made the scene so hilarious when it was performed was the element of surprise. Chad was pretending to be a child (the couple threw a party for their son in our version of the story) swinging a bat at a pinata, and of course, we were all waiting in anticipation for him to hit the cactus.

However, the cactus simply exploded on it's own, and holy mother, it made me giggle. Because we all knew what was going to happen, and then, something way more simple did... And Cactus-man, you're awesome. Why can't I remember your name?

Song of the Day "Too Drunk to F**k" by the Dead Kennedys. Thanks, Lindsay, for your lending of music.

4 comments:

Quahtreenuh said...

You know, personally I enjoyed the Little Miss Muffet scenes a lot more.
Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!
Oh my!
Hahahaha...!!

Anonymous said...

This game sucks. I am a perfectly sane and legible typer, but it understood not my commands. It made me want my mommy (or a grade 8 reading level).

Shawn Pallier said...

Oh Ang,

Try "Get _______"
or "look"
or "look at_____"
or "cut____with_____"
(the above if you are stuck at the beginning)
or try "use_____"
or "Talk to______"

Remember, the hints are in BIG LETTERS while you are playing...

Shawn Pallier said...

I have also passed "Peasant Quest", and for those in the know, Trogdor just basically kills you. That's the end, it's not as if you can beat Trogdor, but you still pass the game. Fun times.