Friday, April 28, 2006

Too Old To Punk 'N' Roll

Even though Ritchie already did it, mad shouts and hollers to Lindsay, who I don't care if she's too hung over to go out tonight again, she's going out tonight... again.

And while all the Lindsaytalk, I'd like to mention this: From what I understand, Punk is not a music one likes, it is a music one lives. It's totally a lifestyle, which sometimes makes me feel a little locked out from it. I fee like I could never dedicate enough time to understand some of the more subtle nuances. I'd love for her to by my Punk tutor.

Same goes with Goth, even though it's (seemingly) dying out from the frays of mainstream and back to the underworld, I think the reason why I don't have a Sisters of Mercy CD is because I'd just be a big poseur if I did. And (dangerous territory here), the music overall is a wee campy from what I can tell anyway.

But I musn't talk about what I don't know. Enlighten me.

So this will be my first show with my new take on improv tonight. I (as mentioned in an earlier post) was having a lot of fun for a while, but I think it's time to find the middle ground. Good, loose improv with a mindful braincell on the appropriateness of the improv itself. No panicky-panicky, but no potty-mouthy either.

Or impro... Shoud I be calling it impro? Or is that just the name of the book...

I noticed some people call it Impro, sometimes.

Song of the day: "Return of Django" by The Upsetters. Because everybody should have some happy-go-lucky ska-ish reggae-ish rocksteady-ish Lee "Scratch" Perry in their album collection. And check out the squeaky sax solo. Badass.

2 comments:

Quahtreenuh said...

Lindsay? Hung over? Haha!

I always thought that when people wrote 'impro' it was a typo and they just missed the 'v'....!

Kevin Gillese said...

Impro is what they call it over here in Australia. Maybe in UK too? I don't know.

But yeah, in North America it is most commonly referred to as Improv.

If you're into following the norm.

Which I am obviously SO into.

But I don't know, something about improv sounds better to me. Then again, that's just me.

Kev