Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Pride and Privilege

If it were up to me, I'd wear a Rapid Fire Theatre Hat, Shirt, Hoodie, and the yet-to-be-released track pants (with "RFT" across the ass) every day.

But work does not permit. And it might seem a little braggy. And sadly, I'd look like a wanna-be Gangsta... no wait, for that, I'd have to wear the Rapid Fire Theatre Toque.

But my point is, I'm damn proud to be associated with this theatre company. It makes me walk a little taller, and it makes me a better person. It gives my life focus, direction and desire. It gives me something to work towards, and has allowed me to personally get to know some amazing theatre folk.

As I posted over at the Kory Story, Keith Johnstone once described improvisational theatre as "a privilege, not a right". I feel very privileged.

Sometimes, I need a pick-me-up. This is myself cheering myself up in front of everyone. It's better than my (maybe a little too often) shedding of clothes onstage. But you got to admit, I'm usually pimped into doing it.

That cheers me up too. Hooray for my pasty skinny body. I wouldn't trade it for, uh, a nice Mazda.

Zoom zoom.