Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Balancing Act: Improv and Oilers

There are two things I use the internet for:

This and the Edmonton Oilers.

I've been a fan for over 20 years... And I remember jumping up and down on the couch when we won our first Stanley Cup. I knew the Edmonton Oilers before I knew the stage.

It sounds like a petty thing, and unusual; us theatre-types aren't supposed to like sports. We're supposed to like literature and Greenpeace. But hey, I can't help the fact that I like cliched boy things like hockey, video games, and dressing in drag... wait, that last one might be just me.

But this is actually going to be a test of my loyalty.

Go Oilers Go. Oilers in 7.

Song of the Day: "Robot Rock" by Daft Punk. I want to start lobbying to make this our opening song for Theatresports '06-07. It would be wicked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea...the Oilers are pretty great.
And playoffs are always a kickass time.
But them doing well in playoffs means more work for me. Bah.
And btw...aren't the Red Wings asses? Preselling Round 2 tickets...pfft. Lame.
=) Erin

Anonymous said...

Damn effing rights the Oilers in 7