Sunday, April 02, 2006

Audition Perdition

It's a shame.

After the auditions for RFT conclude this evening at the space above the Red Bike (for those who are unclear, there is no Prospect Jam on April 2), there might be a few people we will never see again.

Some people probably think I mean those who audition and don't get in the show, but I mean those who audition and do get in the show. I feel like Yoda, yelling at you "Much you have learned, but your training is not complete!".

It's a really good idea for those who want to keep their improv muscle in shape to continue to come. I don't want the double-perdition of "I'm too discouraged to go back to P'Jam, I didn't make it in." as well as "I'm too awesome to go to P'Jam any more." I understand too busy, but not too awesome.

Too discouraged? I totally understand that.

But I don't often accept it.

Oh yeah, and even though the voting for music is over, I'll still try and mention what the CD of the day is... Today, It was Matthew Sweet's 1993 release, Altered Beast. I love that hulking Ming Tea member. He's sometimes melodic, mostly passionate, and occasionally discordant to riveting dramatic effect.

Not to be confused with Michael Sweet of Stryper fame. Stryper was not so good. In any way.

1 comment:

chadisarobot said...

Thanks for the e-mail... I know u are worried about the turnout for your jam this Sunday, and I say don't!!!!

Who knows what will happen, but we've already been through most versions of next Sunday's attendance. Our job is to continue to build again!