Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Plant the Seed, Turn the Page

So, this morning (see Mike? I live in the present, if only for a moment) a man comes up to me while I'm trying to open the store. He's on a bike, carrying a bucket that reads "The Best Mud in the Joint", holding a mop, and he's just finished banging on the window for "Wooly Bully's".

Welcome to Whyte Avenue on a Wednesday Morning.

He walks his bike up next to me and says: "You know who Robert Plant is?"

I say: "Of course".

He points to the doors of my store and says "I met him in there."

I want to stop for a moment, and I'd love for you to honestly answer in the comments: Is this man hepped up on goofballs? An escapee from the Bonko Barn?... To put it simple: Is this man crazy?

Actually, he's not. On one of my days off a few months ago, Robert Plant was briefly in my store. My co-worker Rachel was there, and she didn't know it was him, what with the leathery finish now and such. He's getting on a little. He was in Edmonton for a concert.

But my point is, next time a crazy man comes up to you and tells you he's Jesus, maybe that man isn't crazy. You can't judge people by what they look like or how they behave.

You might have just missed your opportunity to frolic with the Messiah.

Or you may get yourself into serious trouble when that man wraps your head in tin foil and turns you into a god satellite, thus suffocating you by not punching any holes in the wrap.

But when you're leaving your body, at least you can say, I didn't judge that man. I chose to believe him first...

Man, this lesson is double-edged.

PS-- Life is an Adventure. The Flaming Lips just released a new CD!!

1 comment:

chadisarobot said...

but if that guy who tells u he is jesus wants u to join him in the field to drink the magic koolaid... please ask to see his driver's license or some kind of i.d. first