Saturday, July 29, 2006

And then, Fridays were quiet...

But not for long.

That's right, improvaniacs. You'll have to wait a whole month before you see the exciting circus monkeys you call Rapid Fire Theatre. We're taking a break.

We'll all be sitting in lounge chairs, sipping hairsprayesque Martinis, wearing venetian-blind-style sunglasses, Hawaiian shirts, and shorts with drawstrings.

No, wait...

We'll all be hard at work, preparing for the Fringe, performing in the Fringe, and continuing our friddly-free workshops on Sundays.

But I'll still wear the aforementioned outfit.

Song of the Day: "The Kids are Alright" by Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs. Yep, he's old, he's not hip... and I love him to pieces. Cover the Who, ya spooky Ming Tea member... And Susanna is hip I'm sure. But the Sweetster? He's just my guilty pleasure. Listen to the chap, click the following gibberish: www.myspace.com/ladylovinlynx

Link of the Day: www.myspace.com/willpreville Edmonton's answer to the laid-back guitar stummin' scene. Rock on, Will.

Playwright of the Day: Shawn Pallier (1979-20??)
- Wrote a one-act play for 1996 Edmonton One-Act festival entitled "Climbing the Edifice" (he broke out his thesaurus for that one)
- Published in "Rebel Runes", Jasper Place High School's collection of writers that same year
- Style is muddled, but mostly blunt and never uses words that exceed 5 letters
- early works filled with teenage angst and stained with Coca-Cola & Dorito dust
- Collection of unfinished works exceeded 1000 in 2004
- Always knows what the soundtrack of his plays well in advance
- enjoys playing with lighting boards and sound systems

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am insulted that you neglected to mention one of Mr. Pallier's most moving works. The hauntingly beautiful and soul-touchingly memorable "Brain Freeze". I do recollect that it was co-written by the irridescent (but mentally unstable) Anglia Redding. Live the dream again with these moving reviews...
"I didn't throw up!"-Stephen King

"I did throw up!"-Henrik Ibsen

"It was okay, I guess."-Doug Abel

"Anglia Redding sure lips synchs one hell of a Dean Martin."-Frank Sinatra

"That was me? I'll sue!"-Dean Martin

Shawn Pallier said...

I also forgot his playful romp through innuendo called "Cafe au Lait". Ole!... Also co-co-co-written by hospital escapee Anglia Redding... hmmmmm...