Monday, July 03, 2006

We Be Gettin' Down, Computer Action

Do the robotic satisfaction.

It was said that Paul McCartney waited 5 years to publish the song "Yesterday" because he thought the song was copied. He felt like he had heard the accoustic riff before... But he hadn't. Also, if he had not changed the working title, the song would have been called "Scrambled Eggs".

Good change, Sir Paul.

Regardless, I think I had an idea. But it was too well formulated, so I have to make sure with you guys that I didn't copy it (it's a computer-animated short idea):

The scene opens on an Oldsmobile. It has a Jesus Fish on the back of it. The car starts down the street, and we notice the Jesus Fish is becoming steadily looser. It finally looses all grip and starts to swing from the head portion. It drops to the street. Suddenly, it's head moves, looks around, and then it sprouts two legs and runs away, towards freedom.

I know, I know, the Darwin Fish is also on the back of cars. but that's the inspiration. But part of me thinks I've seen that scene all before... Or maybe it was somebody else's idea, and they told me...

Song of the Day: "Ceremony" by New Order. These guys will always be relevant. Hear it: http://www.myspace.com/ladylovinlynx

Link of the Day: www.thomasirvin.com For those jonesin' for more disturbingly similar songs. Thanks, Anonymous Boy/Girl/Man/Woman/Energy Being.

NEW FEATURE: E-mail Imposter of the Day: Ronit Didonna. I check all the mail for the company I work for, and I'll post a new spam name along with every post... I especially like the fake names with middle initials, like Decided P. Testicles... Can't they try a little harder?

No comments: