Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Maestro, Please Kill Me... Putu-may-out of my Misery.

So, most of you have figured out by now I love music.

But there's one CD that's got to go. Either it goes, or I go. Seriously.

At work (Artifacts Trading Co), we're having a massive sale of sorts. During this time, the owners of the store get mighty picky about what music is appropriate. You know, we don't want the customers moshing or raising da proverbial roof.

So it has come to pass that a compilation by the good folks at "Putumayo" (the world music company) called "Asian Groove" is practically the only CD we play at work now.

This was absolutely fine for the first little while. Hell, one of the tracks is remixed by Dan the Automator of Gorillaz fame. But here's the problem.

Once a day, okay, fine.

Twice a day, aha. Okay.

Three times a day? Hrumph.

Four times a day? Blarg!

Five times a day? HOOOWWWWLLLL!!

Six times a day?... SHAWN DESTROY!! CRUSH!! MAIM!! KILL!!! MRAAAAGH! EEEEEARG! BLOOOOOAAAASSHIAGOO!!!! EEEEEEeeeee... feeling weak... all Shawn's power draining from body... oooo...

Fin.

Song of the Day? Link of the Day? Playwright of the Day? I'll work that shizzle out later.

All I can think about right now is what type of screwdriver I'm going to use to shatter the laser on the CD player.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish to trade for any Micheal Buble and/or Josh Groban cds we have rotating constanly at work? No, seriously. We have a few and let's just say if I can't sneakily get rid of them, they might have a horrific "accident" with the mall's garbage compactor. I don't need that kind of guilt on my soul.

Anonymous said...

Shawn, I can feel your pain brother. In the mall I work at they play the same elevator music day after freaking day. I think its used to sedate the customers so they will buy stuff without thinkin

Quahtreenuh said...

Hey what?! Who is this punk dissing Joshy G?

But I know what you mean about that Asian Groove CD. My dad collects the Putumayo compliations, and I can't say that I am crazy about really any of the music.

But at least you don't have to listen to Gregorian Chanting.

Anonymous said...

When I was young my step mom listened to Gregorian chanting...........Me and Kat are "samese twins"

Shawn Pallier said...

Ha! Gregorian chant would be lovely! Give a listen to Tibetan chant... HooooRoooooHoooooRoooooRooooHooo LoooRooooMoooooRooooo
YooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOOOOOOooo
RAWWRRR!!
RAWRRR!!!
HoooRooooHoooooLooooMooooRooooo
YoooOOOOOooooOOOOOoooOOOOOOOoooooo
(fart).