Monday, July 17, 2006

It's all about the Intro

It's been a very fun run being the "go-to" free improv host the last little while. And I don't mean a fun run for charity or {insert terminal but hilarious disease/syndrome here} (just mad lib, y'all). I mean I'm really enjoying myself.

My intro bit, although intended for one week only (RO-BOT ROCK!!!) seems to have endured. I realize that some will grow weary of it (soon or already), but as for now, it's still going strong.

I have always believed a good intro can make for a good show. I mean, let's think back on the top opening credits that you've ever witnessed. And I'm not talking movies, I'm talking TV. Here's a "Random 10" that I think are pretty damn unforgettable.

1. Get Smart
2. Spider-Man (the cartoon, of course)
3. Da Ali G Show
4. Mr. Bean (Mr. G obviously enjoyed Mr. Bean's intro so much because they're from the same country? They both seem to be descendants from a beam of light...)
5. The Simpsons
6. The Drew Carey Show (love it or hate it)
7. Kids in the Hall
8. Hockey Night in Canada
9. The People's Court (The Funk and the Congos suck me in)
10. Fawlty Towers (heheh. Always re-arranging their title and adding some extra letters. "Farty Towels". Heehee. "Twatty Flowers". hoo hoo.)

And that's the last time you see the "T" word on my blog. But hey, the British, Canadian, and American sensors all thought it was okay, so I guess I shouldn't care.

Song of the Day: "AM Slow Golden Hit" by Hotel Lights. I might have already featured this song, but I was wondering if there is a double meaning to "hit" as far as this song goes. You be the judge: www.myspace.com/ladylovinlynx

Link of the Day: http://www.hotellights.net/ In case you like the tune.

Imposter E-mail of the Day: Gerald. He's a "prettyb" looking girl. You heard me, 25 and prettyb. He wants to get to "knaow" me better. Oh Gerald.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm< I think that you are on to something. That probably goes for a lot of things in life.

You gonna go on any rides?

Shawn Pallier said...

Maybe that Nordic-themed disco ride... Who wants to go faster!! WHOOOOOEEEEEEEOOOOO!!

Anonymous said...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevomiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

chadisarobot said...

dude... how can u make a list of top ten tv show openings that doesnt include FRAGGLE ROCK!!!???!!!???!!!

Look ma, a fraggle! iiieEEEEE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would have to put in a vote for astroboy as well.

That little bastard sure could fight huh?

Shawn Pallier said...

I was more or less "improvising" that list... We can all feel free to add to it!

Anonymous said...

NO....ZE LEEST MUST REMAIN INTACT