Thursday, July 27, 2006

Guess What I Lost Today?

No, not that. That I lost in College.

When I started the day, my boss was already at work. He kept the whip out, cracked it all day, and I have the open wounds on my back to prove it.

When I got home, the lawn wasn't going to mow itself. Yeah, I have a lawn. No, I don't live with my parents. Yes, I am in poverty.

Around 10 pm, I decided to have a shower. You know, get the grass out and the "Red Zone" in. And that's when I noticed something missing.

When I went to wash it, it wasn't there.

I had worked my ass off.

I hope that I can sit on the couch and eat pork rinds and drink beer until I get it back.

Song of the Day: "Free Salute" by Little Barrie. I wish all music was this fresh. You must, must, must listen to it: clickity myspace: www.myspace.com/ladylovinlynx

Link of the Day: http://www.getinsulted.com/

Playwright of the Day: Anton Chekhov (1860-1904)
- mastered the use of understatement, anticlimax, and implied emotion.
- closely identified with Stanislavski (that dude who focused on creating realistic characters through "affective memory"; you know, thinking about someone in your life that died to make you cry, and so on and so forth)
- main plays are "Uncle Vanya", "Cherry Orchard", "Seagull", and "Three Sisters".
- avoided stereotyping and instructive political messages in favor of cool comic irony.
- used a delicate fabric of hints, subtle nuances in dialogs, and precise details.
All that fancy wording was stolen directly from Wikipedia and IMDB... They say it better than I ever could (see my description of Stanislavski).

No comments: