Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Festival for Edward was a Capital Idea, Until His Ex Showed Up...

Only a few days and counting before Edmonton's new music festival, EdFest arrives.

And I wish I could be more stoked.

You see, music festivals usually are one price. You pay once, and you get to see all the bands. You can pay for a "pass" for other festivals, and that pass is usually not outrageously overpriced. From what I gather, you can buy a "pass" for EdFest, but it only entitles you for 3 nights out of 10, and it's over $100.

Buzz kill.

So I chose only one night. I just can't afford to love music as much as I used to.

Here's some lineup stuff:

Thu, July 20
Kwame & DJ Kwake
Saukrates
Divine Brown
Nelly Furtado

Fri, July 21
Damone
Mobile
The All American Rejects

Sat, July 22
Maurice
Armchair Cynics
Our Lady Peace

Sun, July 23
Murder City Sparrows
Magneta Lane
Hedley

Mon, July 24
Kyle Riabko
Wil
Creedence Clearwater Revisited

Tue, July 25
Tupelo Honey
Oliver Black
Three Days Grace

Wed, July 26
The Fall Collection
The Marble Index
Controller.Controller
Hot Hot Heat

Thu, July 27
The Novaks
The Trews
The Sam Roberts Band

Fri, July 28
Melissa McClelland
Jeremy Fisher
Stabilo
Blue Rodeo

Sat, July 29
Our Mercury
Fefe Dobson
Simple Plan

Okay, sounds good. But I can't help but wonder, what happened to that free Telus Stage show?... Omigod, it's still there. Totally bodacious. Check the free shows (with admission of course):

July 20: Roger Hodgson of Supertramp (Dreeema, you nuthin' but a dreeeeeema!)
July 21: Default (I'm wasting my tayaymuh, I'm wasting my tayaymuh!)
July 22: Kardinal Offishall (Juno award after Juno award!)
July 23: Gino Vannelli (I just wanna stop, fo yo luuuuuuuuuuve!)
July 24: The Philosopher Kings (It hurts to luuuve you!)
July 25: Carolyn Dawn Johnson and Aaron Pritchett (It's wrong to make fun of her)
July 26: Melissa O'Neil and Rex Goudie (Here Rex, good boy)
July 27: Kenny Shields & Streetheart (Someone please help me remember a Streetheart song)
July 28: Jakalope, Rocketface, and Rio Bent (Fast as Fast can be, You'll never catch me)
July 29: Trooper (We're here for a good tayime, not a long tyime)

Song of the Day: "Upside Down" by Jakalope. It was the least I could do to make her song my song of the day after making an out-of-date "America's Funniest People"/Dave Coulier joke. Sorry, Jaks. You have lots and lots of friends that want to make you a star, and most of them are already stars. Why aren't you more famous yet? Listen to her here: www.myspace.com/ladylovinlynx

Link of the Day: www.capitalex.ca
You know, gotta help the local economy and such. Klondike Days were like, so 100 years ago anyway.

Imposter E-mail of the Day: Dowdy. Dowdy wants me to stop being a two-pump chump. I hate you, Dowdy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

K days=cottoncandyridesrootbeer99centhotdogsprizestestyourstrengthgamblingminidoughnutsdrinkingthrowingupwalkingsunburncakefriendssunoverpayingforshitcheapsouvaneirshauntedhousessunscreenfireworkssmellycarnies!!!!