Friday, June 09, 2006

So I was looking For My Game Genie...


... when all of a sudden, I ran across a mini-comic book from 1982.

I wanted to find my Game Genie codes for Super Mario 3, because when I'm in a mood, it's kind of nice to obliterate some Goombas and Koopas.

But hey, this comic is kinda cool. It's 24 years old, and it's set in the futuristic date of 2005. You know, the year our planet was destroyed by aliens.

Tonight, I'll bring the comic and the game it refers to. You know, so we can all geek out together.

Link of the Day: http://www.atariage.com/comics/comic_thumbs.html?MagazineID=42 ... In case you can't wait until tonight to read the thing.

Song of the Day: "Seven Nation Army" by Nostalgia 77 feat. Alice Russell.
Oh. My. Jesus.
This is the finest cover I've ever heard. Here's some of it: http://media.phonicarecords.co.uk/7806611164170_9.mp3
If you have it, please tell me. Instead of it playing on Myspace today, I'll leave Ben Folds singing "Bitches Ain't Shit" for a little while longer... http://www.myspace.com/ladylovinlynx
Because I don't have the aforementioned rip-roarin' awesome cover yet. But it's great.

4 comments:

Quahtreenuh said...

I love all those old 'this is how it will be in the future' but the future it refers to is like five years ago and totally of... sort of like 2001: A Space Odyssey

Shawn Pallier said...

... And even though the comic came out in 1982, everyone still has late 1960's hairdos. Maybe they were hoping retro 60's would be "in" in 2005... And truly, if you come to my basement pad in my house, it is to me. A shag rug, a Victrola, and the Ventures banging out "Pipeline". Whee.

Anonymous said...

GO TO THE CHIMPROV

Anonymous said...

"Bitches Ain't Shit" might be the sweetest song ever.