Wednesday, June 28, 2006

32, 34, 36

No, these aren't the measurements of some strangely proportioned model.

They were the temperatures at Salmon Arm while I was there.

I admit, it was silly timing that resulted in me missing the last 2 days of improvaganza, but I'm sure overwhelming attendance more than made up for my absence.

Damn it was hot, I had to apply 4 layers of SPF 30 every day. A crispy burned Irish/French/Scotsman I have been in the past, so I learned. I've been hospitalized once for the sunburns I can get. Call it bad tanning genes.

There is a beach I was able to visit while I was down there, it was called Canoe Beach, and the teenage girls ate me alive. All I was trying to do was get some sun and read a book, and there was a gaggle of them within a few yards of me... I guess they didn't think I was deaf, they just didn't care, saying stuff like:

"Oh my god! He's got hair on his chest... GROOOOSSSSSS! EEEEWWW! He's so white, oh my god, look at his gut...GROOOOOSSSS! EEEEEEEEEWWWW! What's that on his chin? Facial hair... Oh my god that's so ugly. EEEEEWWWW!"

Not that they gave me a complex.

Regardless, I'm back, Kory was brilliant in my place I'm sure. I probably should have asked Chad if he was going to be there... Meh. I'm sure he enjoyed a Kory Story or two if he was.

Song of the Day: "The Wizard Turns On The Giant Silver Flashlight And Puts on His Werewolf Moccasins" by The Flaming Lips. Delightful Instrumental boys. If I can't find it online, I'll put some other Lips song in it's place here: http://www.myspace.com/ladylovinlynx

Link of the Day: http://salmonarm.ca/siteengine/activepage.asp?PageID=131
Just in case you want to see where I was.

No comments: