Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Belgium Calling... Let's get our Sing On.

So here we are.

Improvaganza 2006.

It's time for 10 days of wine, women, men, and song... And I mean song.

It was around this time last year that the whole gang headed over to what used to be Sherlock Holmes (at least, I think that's where we went) and sang some Karaoke. Don't get me wrong, there's one hell of an improv tournament to attend, but the sideshow is also very entertaining.

For those who witnessed it, the European (world?) Balloon-sculpting champion belted out the best version of Devo's "Whip It" that I've ever heard.

Seriously, I loved it.

He belted it out in a frantic Red I Knight-meets-Jello Biafra tone unlike I've ever heard before. I wish to witness something like that again this year, so all you improv talents, I want you to find out which night we'll be going out singing, pick your favourite tune, and make it your own.

I choose George Michael's "Faith". Which I probably won't be deviating from the original too far. True, I do it every time I do Karaoke. But don't mess with a good thing. Hey, if you want to hear me try something different, I just need some ideas.

And buy me some booze. It might be my birthday when we go... Like, let's say, let's go to Karaoke somewhere on June 20th. That'll make me very happy.

And 27.

Song of the Day: "Pages of Time" by the Corduroys. Apparently, boys, I can't add it to myspace, so you'll have to go here to hear it: http://www.myspace.com/lovethecorduroys
It's the second son on their list.

Link of the Day: http://www.rapidfiretheatre.com/index.php?s=improvaganza
Seriously, it's time to watch some folks make with the ha ha.

No comments: