Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sam I Ain't.


I noticed Sonic 102.9, Edmonton's modern rock station (for you out-of-towners who might not know about it) is running a contest in which listeners must name famous people who have the first name "Sam" based on a series of clues.

Only one problem: The last character they were looking for wasn't named Sam.

The clues were this: Funny laugh, chases a "wascaly wabbit", and is from California. So my guess is Elmer Fudd, except for that baffling California part...

However, the answer was Yosemite Sam. Oh, I get it. He's from Yosemite.

Great Horny Toads.

I know, we who listen to the station are supposed to be too cool to know the difference. We're supposed to be so busy primping our shaggy coifs and buying vinyl from Blackbyrd to care about the subtle nuances of Looney Toons. But hey, I care about both... Not that I have much to coif or money to spend at a place where the employees won't acknowledge you if you were Lou frickin' Reed. Sorry Blackbyrd. I'm mad at Sonic, not you.

Well, not mad at Sonic. That's going too far. I just want to chase them with two cartoonishly large guns and shoot at their feet.

Dance.

Song of the Day: "I Am The Cancer" by Sloan. Now that's some fuzzy guitars boys.

1 comment:

J D Coulter said...

I agree with you Shawn, you don't have much of a coif. And of course, the whole disrespect to the Looney Toons genre, bothers me as well. Maybe if it was one of the lesser know characters that would be forgivable, but to mix up, Elmer and Sam. OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH I hate the Sonic!!