Thursday, October 19, 2006

Dream On

My dream? To be a professional actor.

Now, it's my literal dreams.

I don't dream a heck of a lot about performing. I don't really dream about acting often enough to give it much thought. But lately, the last few nights, acting has been flooding my head.

I had a dream several nights ago that everyone had gone to an opening night party for one of my co-actor's shows. It was also the opening night of a play I had written and directed, and for some reason, my show and his party were in the same building. Everyone was cool about it and wanted to come see my show...

A couple of nights later, I was a voice talent for a cartoon. I was in a studio, and the work was long, but satisfying...

Then, just last night, I had a dream I was at a debut screening of a Hollywood-budget RFT movie, starring everyone including myself. I had a small role, but it was a role with lines, which was awesome...

It's funny that I dream within reason like that. I mean, I know it's a long shot that I'll write and direct my own show soon, or that RFT would get a Hollywood budget to produce a film, but I still feel that these "dreams" are within reach. Possible.

I think that's cool. Sometimes, it's easy to forget just how lucky we are in Edmonton to be absolutely flooded with talent that has the potential to do some huge things. It's just the motivation hurdle that most of us have to jump.

Now, who wants to help me make a HOLLYWOOD BUDGET MOVIE STARRING, WRITTEN, AND DIRECTED BY MEEEE!!! WHOOO!!!

I like to dream big, too.

Song of the Day: "Flying High Again" by Sloan. Only 1 1/2 minutes long, still cool.

No comments: