Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hasseling Hasselhoff


So, I'm listening to Sonic the other morning. A fellow states something similar to this:

"One of my heroes is David Hasselhoff. Anyone who can rock Germany that hard is okay in my books."

Or something like that.

I'm like, damn. There is no way there is one scrap of truth to those rumors. I've been hearing about them since High School. People always saying that Hasselhoff is bigger than Elvis in Germany. It never made a lick of sense to me. So finally, I looked it up.

And my mouth was shut.

I guess K.I.T.T.'s bitch really did have some hits in Europe. But the legend is slightly bloated. Yeah, he's got hits, but he's like Europe's Michael Bolton... Or, perhaps more accurately, Tom Jones. It's not as if 15-year-old German teens are screaming for him to have their babies.

Their 44-year-old mothers are.

And even though many websites contest he has "great success" throughout Europe, I can't find any proof of chart positions for his albums or singles. If anyone does, post the link in the comments.

Link of the Day: http://www.esquilax.com/baywatch/ I guess Mitch made someone a little jealous...

Song of the Day: "Unity" by 311. Rap Rock pioneers, they were. When the Red Hot Chili Peppers were the only ones doing this (okay, maybe Beastie Boys too).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And an interesting fact about The Red Hot Chilli Peppers! Anthony Kiedis (frontman) is part of the Mensa Club with an IQ of 150.
Also note some other Celebs that are a part of Mensa with 150+ Include:
Sharon Stone
Geena Davis (It's that huge smile where all her I.Q. is kept I bet)
Scott Adams (Creator of "Dilbert")
Alan Rachins

Mmmmm Mensa...