Thursday, February 23, 2006

Putting Off Procrastination

Between Theatresports, life, and extremely lofty hobbies, there isn't much time for serious business. Let me explain...

One of the things I do is gather information. I currently have a document which will be close to 100 pages when it's done, cataloguing the greatest performances in rock history. Every billboard number one, and several rock critic's choices (Mainly, critics from Rolling Stone, Scotland's Martin C. Strong, and Radio One's John Peel... he can't add any more choices, because he's dead). I also obsessively follow EA sport's NHL series, and my NHL 2006 is seriously in need of updating. I must have every roster perfect. It's my thing.

Sadly, I have been putting off a pretty serious task. I told members of my family that I was going to expand a tribute I had made to my mother. I did a 15 minute presentation in 2002 showing her path and what a special amount of power she had. For those out of the loop, I lost my mother when she took her own life in 2001.

I was going to do a combination live performance, slide show, and video presentation, myself playing all the characters in her life. Many people offered to help me. I even had permission to film in Alberta Hospital (well, I had talked to someone about it).

It's hard to start. I gotta do it.

No comments: