Monday, February 27, 2006

Delusions of Awesomeness?

So I'm glad I'm a "Snoopy Thomas" and enjoy reading my RFT family's 'blogs.

I went on a roller coaster ride this weekend. Elated, disappointed, carefree, impassioned, downright glum, etc, etc. They were all there.

And then I read Kory's post.

It made everything okay. I know I'm not exactly the Fonz, I just ain't cool... That leads to me overthinking life and all it's aspects. So I'm thinking, fuck. I dropped the ball with the Jam thing. I know I wasn't "in charge" per se, but someone should be trying to maintain order. The Jam in question is the Friday one before the show... We couldn't seem, for the first while, to get on the same page. Half were warming up, half were chilling. Totally fine, but I can't help but notice that doesn't happen when Crad and Kevvy are in the house.

Just an observation.

But then, I read Kory's post, and he says he got a lot out of the jam, and enjoyed the discussions we had later on. Good to hear. It makes it seem like nobody should lose their head. Particularly, myself.

As for the Sunday jam, keep coming, you high school nosebowlers, you. We're making headway already, and it's only been two weeks for some of you. Good work.

Oh, and as I was mentioning to Stew, and as you all should know, The Flaming Lips' "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" album is stuck in my mind. Despite it's 2002 release, it's just as good and relevant right now. Listen to it, and be enlightened.

1 comment:

Kevin Gillese said...

Keep jamming you guys - it makes you strong.

And strength is what you'll need if you want to beat up bad improv.

Kevy