Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Swing Kids...

...and the blood runs cold.

The last time you saw Swing Kids, it probably didn't seem like much to you; A Disney presentation, this film takes a not-so-in-depth view at the young German rebels who danced to swing music and enjoyed American culture in direct defiance of the Nazis. It takes a look at their (violent) interractions with the Nazi Youth, and how they were grouped in with any minority that was viewed undesirable at the time in Germany... You know which ones I'm talking about.

But wait, there's more.

I don't think this film will ever be shown or released in the USA again. It's just accidentally drawing on one too many sensitive issues. The most glaring is when one of the characters mentions that the Nazis took Prague and were "greeted as liberators".

Yikes.

And then, there was a quote from Hitler which sounded... ah, most of you know what I'm going to say. I can't say it though, because I'm pretty sure that the FBI would....ghglasj... goapsb.... WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!!! DON'T TAKE MY COMP>>>>>>>>>>>>JFDLSKJf;atiowetjhpo...

___________________________________________________________________

I'm writing you from a cell somewhere in Greenland... I think... They've allowed me 1 minute with a laptop. I will use this opportunity to say this: Somebody help me. I never meant to be the 1,000,000th person to point out similarities between Nazi Germany and current USA. I guess the government was keeping track internationally, and I was officially the one they decided to arrest due to me being that milestone.

I guess I deserved it. I should have written something original.

I love you all...

3 comments:

chadisarobot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trish van Doornum said...

It's unfortunate that we have to see the same kind of terror twice within one century. Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely...

Is Greenland green?

Shawn Pallier said...

Two words for Greenland: False Advertising. The tourist board will hear about this.