Tuesday, January 23, 2007

No Can Do.

Here is a list of things I'm not very good at:

- lifting drywall
- cutting drywall
- drywalling in general
- stripping wood from 1912
- wiring and stripping wires
- drilling track into a concrete floor
- insulating
- hauling wood out of an elevator shaft
- being a human pack mule
- running wire through a ceiling
- avoiding flying pieces of debris when co-workers have shit fits
- attaching a thingie to some studs with some wires (not that complicated, but I thoroughly chew ass at it... it's fine if you don't know what the "thingie" is, neither do I, and I still don't... you know, a big metal bar that runs through your walls innards and guts... no, not the stud, the thingie going the other way... bah, I just blow. That's really all the that matters here)

Here is a list of what I've been doing since December 30, 2006:

- lifting drywall
- cutting drywall
- drywalling in general
- stripping wood from 1912
- wiring and stripping wires
- drilling track into a concrete floor
- insulating
- hauling wood out of an elevator shaft
- being a human pack mule
- running wire through a ceiling
- avoiding flying pieces of debris when co-workers have shit fits
- attaching a thingie to some studs with some wires

I hope you're not surprised when you read about my digit/limb/nipple-losing emergency situation in the paper when I attempt to use the "planer".

It'll make writing pretty hard if I don't have a nipple... uh, I mean fingers or arms.

4 comments:

J D Coulter said...

You didn't tell me that you had gotten into construction/renovation.

chadisarobot said...

welcome to the world of jobs that hurt. Last week i tore the front off one of my fingers... no not cut, TORE. sigh, so goes ejoying money

Shawn Pallier said...

Actually, I'm not into construction and renovation traditionally. I'm still working at Artifacts, that's just what my boss wants me to do... fun. fun. fun.

Sorry about your disfiguration, Chad, but come on, front of fingers are overrated. As long as you have the back and nine more.

J D Coulter said...

I know how you feel Chadisarobot, yesterday I actually had a chunk of finger pinched off between my workbench and the load of wood that I was putting down. It's a whole new kind of pain.