Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Catch Phrase? Catchy!

When I drive to work, I sometimes find myself listening to Edmonton's Modern Rock Station, Sonic 1029... They have a new Morning news guy, and you'll never guess what he's got.

A Catch Phrase.

Before he starts the news, he says "And here's what you need to know!". Or something like that. I kind of feel like I'm being transported back in time 40 or 50 years, when I'm sure every DJ / Announcer / Personality had their own tag line.

Which got me to thinking; I need one.

Yes. A catch phrase for Shawn. But not for theatre; for answering the phones at work. Some of you might not know this, but I'm on the phone all day for a major Pipe supplier now. I am answering the phone constantly every day. Wouldn't it be a treat for my loyal customers to get greeted with something like this:

"Shawn here; If you're looking for pipe, we've got your type."

"Dr. Shawn here; I have the cure for your pipe disease."

"Whazzup, Alleyall? Shawn'z in da hizzy wit' tha pizipe..."

Hmm. Or maybe just:

"Shawn here; You buy it! YOU BUY IT!!!"

My sales will go through the roof.

2 comments:

Anglia Redding said...

I think your catch phrase should be....
"This is Shawn. I got your pipe right here!"
or.....
"Shawn here. I got all the pipe you're ever gonna need to see."
Both need to said leeringly, of course.

Coolestguyeverintheworld said...

you could steal one of the most common catch phrases ever and just go with "Your Fired!"