Friday, December 15, 2006

Steady Eddie?

Come on, now Alberta! Steady Eddie?

We can do better for nicknames than that, can't we? I mean, he hasn't done anything yet, and he's already Steady Eddie? We didn't call Ralph Klein "Shiny Kleiny" or something dumbass like that when he first came in, so why does Ed Stelmach get so much cred so fast?

I challenge citizens around the world to come up with something that didn't get off the nickname short bus. Or I challenge Albertans to wait until he does something first before we go around acting like he's our old High School buddy.

Steady Eddie... What if he gets Parkinson's? Steady Eddie... What if he gets an inner ear infection and starts falling down a lot?

Then we'll certainly look like a right jolly bunch of sots for jumping the gun like this.

5 comments:

Trish van Doornum said...

I'm all for "Another Fucking Idiot Red-Neck". Whaddya think?

Shawn Pallier said...

"Afirn Eddie"? I f'n love it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shawn This is unrelated to todays topic but in the spirit of the season - look up a song called "Christmas Has Gone to the Dogs" by the Eels.

Shawn Pallier said...

Yep. I believe that's the tune the dog in the grinch dances cutely to in that there movie... Fun.

By the by, I absolutely love "Homesteady Eddie" as well...

Anonymous said...

please note, by blog has changed to www.jeremeysthoughts.blogspot.com